June 19 - July 17
Passage: Galatians 1:1-10
“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.” (Gal. 5:25)
Questions that help us understand the importance of this letter:
- What was the ________________ ?
- Paul had preached salvation through Christ alone (Gal. 1:4; Acts 13-14)
- Judaizers followed and undermined his message (Acts 15:1; Gal. 1:6-7)
- Judaizers also undermined Paul’s apostolic authority (Gal. 1:1, 11-2:21)
- Why is this a ________________ ?
- Diminishes Christ’s death on the cross
- Plants the seed of pride in the heart of the believer
- It is not the Gospel of Christ
- It does not lead to salvation!
- Why does this matter ________________ ?
- Salvation is still by God’s grace alone.
- People still undermine God’s Word today.
- People still add their own efforts to Christ’s work on the cross today.
As you reflect on the fact that salvation is established by Christ’s work on the cross alone, you should have a heart of gratitude knowing that there is nothing you can do to earn your salvation with God.
No amount of good deeds (water baptisms, communion participation, church attendance, volunteering, or financial donations) will ever pay for your sin and rebellion.
Only Jesus can, and He has, taken care of it all! He doesn’t need your help to save you from yourself.
Salvation is by God’s grace through your faith in Jesus (Eph. 2:8-9)
This is the case that Paul makes in his letter to the Galatians churches. It’s important today because we still face the same kind of efforts to distort the good news of Christ’s salvation!
Have you been deceived into thinking that your salvation is dependent on good works of your own?
You can put your faith in Jesus alone today and be a part of His family. Are you ready to take that step?
What step have you taken in your spiritual journey today? Would you share it with me?
You can share what God is saying to you today by telling Pastor Blake about it on your Next Step form. Click this link to share your spiritual step with Pastor Blake.
Watch our Livestream each week HERE